Advertisement

A Sort Of Photographic Diary #1. Lightsabers, Suede, punting in Cambridge, and a foggy walk home.

A Sort Of Photographic Diary #1. Lightsabers, Suede, punting in Cambridge, and a foggy walk home. WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY ENQUIRIES


MY LINKS
Patreon -
Instagram -
Facebook -

MUSIC
By Midnight North

TEXT
Hey everyone. This one's a bit different. It's a kind of miscellaneous look over the past couple of weeks.

Going to start with a concert. You know how much I love music and music photography. The other week I went to see Suede, one of my favourite bands of all time. I was going to record a short video the night I got back from the show. I was feeling completely ecstatic, but my voice was shot through from singing all evening. I took my Fuji x100f to the concert and shot a ridiculous amount of photographs. It's all very well being considered when you're composing a shot. I was just holding the camera up and aiming it vaguely towards the stage.

As well as my Fuji x100f I also took my lomo LCW camera with one roll of Ilford delta 3200. I had an idea that it would be great to get really close to the stage and to get a crazy wide shot as Brett Anderson immersed himself in the crowd. But I didn't get close enough. And as you can see from these pictures they're not in focus and pretty blurred, most likely from a slow shutter speed or from me being knocked around a little by the crowd. There are a dozen ways these photos could be better, but that doesn't mean I don't like them. They have some soul at least. That's kind of all that have, but it'll do for now.

So that was Sunday and then Monday I was in London with my Fuji XT3 and the beautiful 35mm f1.4 lens. I made a whole video with those pictures. I loved the day and the lightness of using the camera and lens combination. It seems crazy that I still can't seem to make Fuji my one camera at weddings, but that's how it is. I know I’ll think out loud about that in much more detail another time.

Following that, I think the week’s highlight was walking home on a foggy evening and getting these pictures with my Fuji XF10. But the week passes and the weekend comes around again.

Saturday was May the 4th and I photographed a wedding in Guildford in Surrey. It was funny. When I arrived the bride said to me - the first thing you need to know about us is that we're complete geeks. She then introduced me to her young daughter Ripley. How cool is that.

The next day I was photographing a wedding in Cambridge. I may make a longer video from that, but all of these are with my Nikon D750 and Sigma 35mm or Nikon 85 1.4

Before their ceremony exchanging rings we took a quick walk around The Backs in Cambridge and then went punting for an hour. I do love my job, I really do.

This week I've mostly been editing these pictures. And the weekend has come around again. It's good how that happens. Thanks for watching everyone, I'll list the cameras I used in the comments or the description. As ever, I'm happy to try and answer any questions in the comments. See you next time.

fujixf10,fuji x100f,nikon d750,wedding photography,star wars,star wars day,may 4th,photoshoot,concert photograophy,vlog,suede,cambridge,star wars day 2019,fuji xf10,

Post a Comment

0 Comments