Advertisement

The Real Story Behind Luke Combs, 'Even Though I'm Leaving' Lyrics

The Real Story Behind Luke Combs, 'Even Though I'm Leaving' Lyrics The lyrics of the new #LukeCombs song #EvenThoughImLeaving are heavy, to say the least. The circle-of-life ballad is a father's note to his son until the final chorus when the song turns. Songwriter Ray Fulcher says writing the #lyrics for new single was as moving as you'd expect.

“The emotion was palpable in the room," Fulcher tells Taste of Country of "Even Though I'm Leaving," a song he wrote with Combs and Wyatt Durrette.

If you're new, Subscribe! →

Download the app →
Go here →
Like us →
Follow us →
Get our newsletter →

#CountryMusic #Nashville

Luke Combs, "Even Though I'm Leaving" Song Lyrics:
(Luke Combs, Ray Fulcher, Wyatt Durrette)

Daddy, I’m afraid / Won’t you stay a little while / Keep me safe ‘cause there’s monsters right outside / Daddy, please don’t go / I don’t wanna be alone / ‘Cause the second that you’re gone they’re gonna know.

Chorus:
Before he went to bed he grabbed my hand and said / Just ‘cause I’m leaving it don’t mean that / I won’t be right by your side / When you need me and you can’t see me / In the middle of the night / Just close your eyes and say a prayer / It’s okay I know you’re scared when I’m not here / But I’ll always be right there / Even though I’m leaving I ain’t going nowhere.

Dad, we’ll be late / And Uncle Sam don’t like to wait / He’s got a big ole plane that’s gonna take me far away / I know I act tough but there’s a churning in my gut / ‘Cause I just can’t call you up when things get rough / Before I left he hugged my neck and said.

Second Chorus:
Just ‘cause you’re leaving it don’t mean that I won’t be right by your side / When you need me and you can’t see me / In the middle of the night / Just close your eyes and say a prayer / It’s okay I know you’re scared / I might be here but I’ll always be right there / Even though you’re leaving I ain’t going nowhere.

Daddy, I’m afraid / Won’t you stay a little while / I never thought I’d see the day I had to say goodbye / Daddy, please don’t go / I can’t do this on my own / There’s no way that I can walk this road alone / Daddy grabbed my hand and said.

Third Chorus:
Before he went to bed he grabbed my hand and said / Just ‘cause I’m leaving it don’t mean that / I won’t be right by your side / When you need me and you can’t see me / In the middle of the night / Just close your eyes and say a prayer / It’s okay boy I ain’t scared / I won’t be here / But I’ll always be right there / Even though I’m leaving I ain’t going nowhere.

Luke Combs,Even Though I'm Leaving Lyrics,Official Video,Lyric Video,Music Video,Listen to Luke Combs Even Though I'm Leaving,Song About Luke Combs Dad,Even Though I'm Leaving Story,Luke Combs Songs,Beer Never Broke My Heart,Country Music,Country Song Lyrics,Story of the Song,Interview,What You See Is What You Get,90s Country Music,Who Is Luke Combs,Did Luke Combs Dad Die,Sad Country Songs,Ray Fulcher,Ray Fulcher Songs,

Post a Comment

0 Comments