Advertisement

The Crucial Importance Of Forgiveness in Covenant

The Crucial Importance Of Forgiveness in Covenant Pastor Evan Brown continues his teaching on the importance of cementing covenantal relationships with others through their shared experiences. He focuses on the responsibilities of followers of Jesus in their relationships with fellow believers. He points to Matthew 12:46-50, where Jesus states that we are to interact with our brothers and sisters in Christ in the same way we are to interact with our own family members. He reiterates that covenant is not easy, citing David’s experiences with his friend Jonathan and his mighty men as examples of possible risks of (1 Samuel 18:1-4, 20:17-17) and sacrifices in (2 Samuel 23: 8-12, 15-17) honoring a covenantal relationship.

Jesus’s commandment to His disciples to love one another as He has loved them so that people will know that they are His disciples by their love for one another (John 13:34-35) might encourage us to ask ourselves the following questions:
Do I love loving others?
Would I risk my life to meet someone else’s need?
How much will I sacrifice for others?
What am I willing to do (Am I willing to be inconvenienced, to go out of my way?) to help others feel secure, loved, safe?
Why would I not want to help those who need help?
Am I being an example to others that would draw them to want to follow Jesus?

The Coastlands,Coastlands,Evan Brown,

Post a Comment

0 Comments