Advertisement

Pinoy Family in Canada - Buying Groceries in Brandon

Pinoy Family in Canada - Buying Groceries in Brandon Bread is cheaper, bigger here than in the Philippines because there's plenty of wide wheat fields in the Manitoba countryside and neighboring Saskatchewan province.
Meat is cheaper than seafoods because there are many poultry farmers, pig farmers and a meatpacking plant that sells meat here and abroad.
Along the countryside, you will see so many fat cows grazing.
As I see this, I am reminded of the very high prices of food in the part of the Philippines where I came from. We are very near the Pacifica Ocean, and yet, seafoods are very expensive.
I asked my husband whether my expenses and my three children's are bigger in the Philippines with the allowance that he sent us, or smaller than our expenses here.
He said, his expenses are smaller now that we are here.
We almost have the same lifestyle except that, we're in Canada now. That makes the big difference.
I was into mountaineering in the Philippines. We go camping here as a family.
I was a solo joiner but my expenses could tour 5 countries in Sutheast Asia on a backpacker's budget but I prefer the mountains than traveling abroad. Mountaineering is a two-in-one activity, traveling and climbing plus the adventure and the adrenaline rush.
My children were into martial arts, voice and piano lessons in the Philippines. They're into swimming here.
So nothing much is changed aside from the fact that we're already here in Canada.
Please don't forget to hit the subscribe button below the video for more videos about my family's Canadian experiences.

Food prices in Canada,lifestyle in Canada,

Post a Comment

0 Comments