Advertisement

Non-Payment Of Salaries For Months - A Time-Honored Tradition Followed In The UAE

Non-Payment Of Salaries For Months -  A Time-Honored Tradition Followed In The UAE ARTICLE #1
300 workers left in lurch without salaries and food, get help
Many of them want to go home, but have their visas expired, which the employer has refused to renew.
June 28, 2019



*******************

Jobless man in Dubai got 10 job offers: How it happened


*******************


Over 300 blue collar workers of a private firm in Dubai are struggling to make ends meet as they have not received their salaries for several months now.

Indian Consul-General Vipul told Khaleej Times that a team of officials from the consulate visited the company's office and the employer had promised them to resolve the issue soon. "The employer said he ran into business issues and that is why he was unable to pay the workers. However, he has promised that he will resolve the issue soon and has already dispatched one-month salary to some of the workers. He said he would be arranging the dues of all the workers soon and we will be following up with him. We have also referred the case to the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation," said Vipul.

Workers whose salaries were ranging from 700 to 1500 haven’t been paid from 3 to 6 monthS. They cannot work any where as they dont have documents They have no source of income, they can't even return home as they do not have the necessary papers, they cannot beg as begging is illegal and they cannot protest as protesting as per UAE is law is also illegal.

One of the worker who spoke to Khaleej Times stated
"My wife is suffering from cancer and I want to return to my family. I haven't received my salary for over three months. My visa and Emirates ID are expired and I have no money to pay for my overstay fine. I just want to go back home as my only daughter, who is now 13, has dropped out of school to take care of my wife. My mother is also old and ailing, and I am the only breadwinner."

Most of the workers lived on eating Bread soaked in water

-------------------------------

TO SUPPORT MY CHANNEL
Please send money via paypal to loy@loymachedo.com

-------------------------------

TO CONTACT
loy@loymachedo.com | +66-92-541-4784

-------------------------------

MORE ABOUT ME?
Google "Loy Machedo"

Loy Machedo,Personal Branding,Think Personal Branding,Ask Loy Machedo,UAE,Dubai,UAE Expats,Life in UAE,UAE Jobs,Jobs in Dubai,Living in UAE,

Post a Comment

0 Comments