Advertisement

Why You Shouldn't Update Software |Converse AD| CTWWJDEP39

Why You Shouldn't Update Software |Converse AD| CTWWJDEP39 In this video I give a couple reasons why you shouldn’t update your software whether it be your operating system or any software for that matter



Welcome Back to the work Vlog working on a converse commercial for a couple days shooting on a mini alexa and a black magic as a DIT ,i thought it should be fine Until They decided they want to shoot black magic Raw (we had to it’s the only way we could shoot the frame rate we wanted which seems a bit glitchy to me but we didn’t have any time to explore it further )

But my system was to old to read the files and the new da vinci resolve 16 and Braw view only work on the newer mac OS so i knew i was going to have to download mojave or, catalina but i didn’t want to do it middle of shoot as it would take hours and just getting into a good flow of shooting

So I asked if I could do it when I got home the production company kindly obliged me so I did updated fine I did the trances Brought it back the next day

The Next days shoot went well .

But after the shoot is where the trouble begins trying to get back to my previous OS because I’m still in the middle of editing projects and mojave has made those programs VOID so I have to switch Back

so I tried to download an old mac OS from App Store it wouldn’t let me I searched endless tutorials I did a factory reset and nothing it would still force me to download mojave or a new OS which I didn’t want to do .

I tried making a boot up drive it worked but still the software i had was too new for my programs and still the app store was playing up .

so enough was enough I got on an online chat with apple which was really frustrating because they were telling me to do all the things i had already done and it seemed they just wanted to tick the box resolved with out actually resolving the issue .

So I thought 1 last try turn off the computer cmd R wipe the hard drive no difference then though let me turn the computer off and go back to cmd R

Fantastic

It now was showing the original OS to install It said it would take 7 hours to Install so but it probably was like 3 ish

it was a nightmare so If you’re doing a project or projects on old software that’s my number 1 reason not to update it will stress you out also when companies release new firmware or software or updates they usually tend to be a bit buggy so just always make sure you have a back up of all your software old and new so you can always go back they just make it a horrible experience

But we survived Thank God on to the next adventure


See you then

Jonny B


#cometoworkwithjonnydayepisode39 #cometoworkwithjonnyday39 #ctwwjdep39 #cometoworkwithjonnyday #vlog #workvlog #filmmaker #dit #jonathanboyd #jonnyb #wimbledonechase #tuckersyardstudio #blackyoutube #apple #software

Why You Shouldn't Update Software |Converse AD| CTWWJDEP39,come to work with jonny day episode 39,ctwwjdep39,Jonny work vlogs,Jonathan boyd work vlogs,DIT vlog,film crew vlog,tuckers yard studio vlog,wimbledone chase,converse renew bts vlog,Film crew,jonnyeboyd,Jonathan Boyd,Mojave to yosemite os,Black magic raw,Da vinci reasolve 16,Black magic cinema camera,usra,g2,Black filmmaker,final cut,London vlog,

Post a Comment

0 Comments