Advertisement

Photo Modes Change How We Play Games

Photo Modes Change How We Play Games The crickets were unforgiving in the background. I'm very sorry about them.

This video contains footage from games rated PG to R16 in New Zealand. Viewer discretion is advised.

In this first video essay, I talk about how photo modes can alter how we play games in an grim, fascinating way.

This video marks the launch of my Patreon campaign, and is the first essay made available as part of this! Consider subscribing to support my work!

A version of this essay is also available to be read:

-----

REFERENCES

The unexpected trouble of revisiting old video game screenshots, written by Chris Plante:

-----

LINKS

Support me on Patreon:
Find me elsewhere online:

-----

#opinion #gaming #MiddleEarth

video essay,video games,photo mode,gaming,games,Assassin's Creed Odyssey,Middle Earth,Shadow of Mordor,No Man's Sky,DOOM,DOOM (2016),opinion piece,opinion,screenshots,screenshot,cinematography,photography,

Post a Comment

0 Comments