Advertisement

Halo - Covenant Phantom - Mega Bloks Speed Build and Picture Review

Halo - Covenant Phantom - Mega Bloks Speed Build and Picture Review MY TAKE:
This build was a complete set of contradictions.
The awesome side, thank you to everyone who A.) helped me reach 1000 subscribers! and B.) who voted on my new YouTube Community Page, where this build was selected to be my next video.
The video and pictures for this shot over a year ago, but I never got around to making a video out of it... that's where the trouble started.
The bad side: One of the original video files had a corruption in it at exactly 11:03 into it, which resulted in the remaining 31 minutes freezing up. I had to fight with workaround after workaround to get it right. Some of the still photos are far less clear than I'd like... the lighting where I had done this was not very good. Then after that I just made dumb mistake after dumb mistake, and had to recompile the file several times over. In all, I likely spent about three hours more than I should have needed to on this video, and it made it so I couldn't release it as soon as I would have liked. On top of all that, because the set is so old, I wasn't able to find a suitable high-resolution image from Mega as I usually use on my thumbnail images, so that is grainy also.

But... it's done!
This set was not new in box... I got it on eBay and it was missing just one important piece: the blue cylinder under the ship. It's a critical piece, and it didn't come with any other set, so if you don't have it from this set, you don't have it. To make due, I 3-D printed my own tube. I think it came out okay.

BUILD SPECIFICS
Brand: Mega Construx
Release Year: 2011
Theme: Halo
Name: Covenant Phantom
Notable Characters:
- Covenant Elite Arbiter [Plasma Sword]
- Covenant Elite Pilot [Plasma Pistol]
- Covenant Grunt Ultra (x2) [Plasma Grenade]
Number of pieces: 906
Ages: 8+
Set Number: 96941
UPC: 065541969414

Approximate build time: 150 minutes

MUSIC
Title: DC Love Go Go
Artist: Silent Partner
Music from YouTube Audio Library [Aka YAL]
Music provided by RFM:

matman1122,mega bloks,mega construx,speed build,review,Halo,gamer,pictures,

Post a Comment

0 Comments